January 31, 2006

Vetican City - Sistine Chapel


Visited the Veticani Musei on-time. Michelangelo’s artwork, Rafaello Artwork, The "Sistine Chapel" is amazing and peaceful. I have never seen 3D paintings which are almost like a real statutes coming out of the wall. Geezzzzzz… talk about “Art fills with spiritual motivation and emotions”.
Then we went to “Castle Sant’ Agelo”, the real old castle of Rome and its surrounding dams. I can almost picture the olden days”.
Walked-up to Piazza dei Tribunali, took some pictures and crossed the “Ponte Umberto I” bridge. Continued walking to “P.zza Navona”, a great spacious square filled with Roman’s empire decorations and a mythical fountain.
The next block is the “Palazzo Madonna”. Continued to “Pantheon”, one of the real classical Roman architectural buildings which now “Santa Maria” chapel. Took awhile to wrap-around my head on “how on earth olden day’s men could build this"?
Continue walking towards “Piazzo del Popolo”, took pictures and hugs each other. Very romantic place. Saw the “Wolf with two kids” statue again. Then head towards “Trinita dei Monti” but it was under constructions. So just saw some part of it.
Arrived back to hotel at 8:30pm, what a long-walk, but SO WORTH IT. Rome is amazing. If you asked me I said, a good place to shop and a good place for romance. Humbling feeling blanketed me esp. in the “Sistine Chapel”. Wonderful Rome! I am dazzled by it. Took our bags and head out to train-station around 10pm.