January 08, 2006

Touring Milan on my own

Raymond and I split up to see different things as we have totally different interests in touring the cities. I visited around town on-foot. Places I managed to covers are …. (too may, details…later). The entire town is on SALE! They said this sale lasts one-month, the entire January. There are hundreds of people shopping on EVERY single strip. Designs are fantastic.
There are total of seven universities. In the centre of Milan, you can only park a train. They have orbital motorways system. Coach services cover most of the tourists’ areas. I think Milan brings the best of the both worlds; the business world and the art world. It is modern, rational, cosmopolitan city which nevertheless conserves its Lombardy character; “starts to become romantic as soon as it stops being practical”.